Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Headed Into 2013

It's been a little too long since I have updated my blog, so I thought I would sum up where we are at as we head into 2013.

-I haven't made any cards in a LONG time, only because I don't really have the room. We currently have ONE table in our house, and it serves as a dining table, game table, homework table, lego table, puzzle table, etc. It doesn't really have the time or energy to serve as a crafty table, so craftiness has been put on hold for awhile.

-I am currently 15 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #4. This pregnancy has been HARD, full of TONS of morning sickness. I am very grateful for anti nausea medication, and praying my insurance will continue to cover it. We think this babe is definitely a boy. I never want sweets, I want FAT and PROTEIN. It's very similar to Big Man E's pregnancy, and very different from Little Miss C and Baby J. I don't have a real belly yet, just getting fat at this point.

-Basement Phase 1 is FINISHED! 100% of the framing is done, plumbing is done, electrical is done, mechanical is done, woohoo! We subbed out the electrical and the bathtub plumbing, but everything else we did ourselves! Not bad for the least handy people in the world. We had our first inspection and we "halfway" passed, we hadn't done the cold air return mechanical yet or fireblocked (forgot the first and didn't know how to do the second) but they are all done and we are ready to go. The inspector gave us the go-ahead to insulate once those projects were finished. We are currently working on insulation (an itchy job for sure) but it is making a HUGE difference already. Here is a walkthrough of everything we have finished so far:




-We had a good Christmas and spent most of it with my family. My hubby treated me with a bow and my family gave me the accessories, along with some new photography lighting gear! My new nephew is going to be born any day, and I can hardly wait to photograph the little guy.

-While there were some definite highs for 2012, there were some definite lows too. In fact, it was a really tough year for several people in my life. I am really hoping God moves in awesome ways this year, healing relationships and marriages around us as well as helping me out in so many ways. I would love to see my temper be greatly reduced (especially with my kiddos). I want to hear His voice much more clearly than my past and my own thoughts. I wouldn't really call these desires "resolutions" per se, more like hopes and dreams. I have so much to be thankful for and I hope those things stay at the forefront of my mind.

Blessings to all of you in 2013!

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this?!?! I was just thinking how much I miss seeing your name in my new blog feed!!! I LOVED hearing how you are doing-I've been wondering! I hope the morning sickness goes away SOON! Also can't wait to see pics with your new gear of your NEPHEW! Love and miss you!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!