Friday, May 2, 2014

Episode 14 - Mad Hustle


Knitting Butterflies Ravelry Group Instagram: butterflyem4 Ravelry Page: EmilyStraw
Clicking Away:




I Dream of Knitting:

I mostly have been dreaming about spinning a lot more someday. I add a few fibers to my wishlist, and I'm excited the basement will be done soon so I will have the room.

Photography Adventures:
  • I was blessed and privileged to photograph the March of Dimes event in Greeley, CO. What an amazing experience!

  • I purchased a 55-200mm f3.5-5.6 lens for this event, it wasn't an expensive lens but it made a huge difference in the quality of my photos!


  • I have been taking classes on Creative Live from Susan Stripling and Jim Garner, which really helped my photography and story telling skills.
  • Tip for this week - backlighting. Try putting your light source behind your subject, whether it's the sun, a flash, or a lamp. This is a great tip for hard light!

2 comments:

  1. Your Rainbow Dash socks are almost done! Hooray! And again, I love the pictures you took for March of Dimes. And that shawl. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your podcast. Saw this and thought of you.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uc9lrsuSCzU One of the easiest DIY swifts I've seen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!