Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

I am trying to get on the ball a little earlier than normal this year in making cards for loved ones. Mother’s Day is coming up, and I have chosen to make a total of 6 cards: 2 for our moms, 2 for our grandmas, and 2 for our sisters who are new moms this year. So far I have 4 of the 6 done and ideas for one more in my head. Here is what I have so far:
This is the card I made for our moms. I used the Serenade Cartridge for the Cricut to cut the tree and the heart was cut out the old fashioned way with scissors. All of the paper was from scraps or my stash, which I love because I feel like I’m actually using it up!
This is the card I made for our grandmas. I used the Walk In My Garden cartridge for the Cricut, and again all of the paper was either from scraps or from my stash. I really like how the card itself is shaped to look like a beehive. The beehive was also embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.
I have an idea for what I want to do for my sister, but haven’t figured out sister-in-law’s card yet. I’m just glad I’ve gotten this far already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!