Friday, November 4, 2011

Thinking of Christmas

Now that Halloween is over, it's officially acceptable to start thinking about Christmas. Actually, I have been thinking about Christmas since June, and I have been working on a few projects since then. Here is a preview of some things coming up for my family:

On December 1st, we wrap our television in wrapping paper. We are not allowed to unwrap it until December 26th, and for the whole month we make more of a point to spend time together. Activities we do include ice skating, making gingerbread houses and cookies, and the annual Christmas wrap at the local mall with our church. We call it our "Christmas present to Jesus." Last year we had a really rough time with our four year old, especially at school. This year we gave his teachers a heads up and we are already talking about it and how much fun we are going to have together, and he seems pretty excited.

The annual "Ugly Sweater Christmas Party" is coming up with the young adults at our church. Even though we are no longer a part of that small group, I really hope we still get invited. This is one of my favorite events every year. (PS - this is our entry in the Gingerbread House contest. It's a jail. I won't go into the details, but it was pretty gory and graphic. And it won first place.)


My great grandma made these stockings for all of her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. Last year I found the pattern and picked up where she left off 20 years ago. I finished 2 last year, this year I have finished 9 and have 2 more to go. (Like I said, I have been working since June.) I will post more pictures of these after I finish those 9.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about Christmas and starting to get some things together too. I love the idea of wrapping the TV!

    My Aunt made stockings like that for the whole family too! I can't wait to see all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love your idea of wrapping the t.v. We'll see if I can talk my hubby into it!!! You should post pictures of your jail-gingerbread-house...I'm super curious to see it now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!