Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Culture

Some people grow up thinking "Classical" music is boring. I, on the other hand, love it. I spent 7 years of my life playing in the orchestra (violin and viola, though I was terrible). My sister is an AMAZING harpist and I had the privilege of going to one of her concerts last weekend. The second half was The Planets by Gustav Holst. It's one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE pieces, and it was so neat to hear my sister be a really important part of it. Here is my favorite movement (not their actual performance), but they are all worth checking out:



 And here is the movement I most enjoyed hearing her play. There are some really neat harmonics in the harp, especially toward the end.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I had never heard of The Planets and I am loving Neptune...as is Hudson! Thanks for sharing this! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!