Monday, May 19, 2014

Episode 15 - Knitting and Newborns

In this episode I talk about Mother's Day knitting, taking a newborn class, and photographing items for Etsy shops.


Game: 2048
Down Cellar Studios with Jen
Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast

Fiber Stories:

Events:
  • Estes Park Wool Market June 5-8 in Estes Park, Colorado. If you want a preview, visit Crafty's Class "Know Your Wool"
  • Stitches Midwest August 8-10 in Illinois is coming up! If you happen to see me, please come up and say hi!!
I Dream of Knitting:
Photography Stories:
  • I did a 6 month session with a sweet girl I have been photographing since she was a newborn

  • I also covered a baby shower for one of my oldest and dearest friends
  • Coming Up - Dance Studio Portraits, and practice dance session, Mom and Dad session, Operation Sock Drawer
Photography Tip of the Week:
  • This week I talk about doing photography for an Etsy shop. 
    • Use natural light
    • Consider using a Lightbox for smaller items
    • Use tilted poster board and reflectors for larger items
    • Be sure to check your exposure settings and use the exposure compensation setting to make sure your images are getting exposed enough.
    • Calibrate your monitor to be true color, visit Improve Photography

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I love your site. Please tell me the colorway for the socks you began for "Mother's Day Cast on." It says Teal Tease, however it doesn't seem as purple as Teal Tease. Thank you in advance Fay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!