Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fly Swatter Game

Here is a fun one I learned from my Spanish teacher in high school: The Fly Swatter Game.

Materials:
-Dry Erase Board
-Dry Erase Markers
-Fly Swatter


I divided the board in half to have shapes on one side (for my 2 YO) and sight words on the other side (for my 4 YO).


After that I just let them take turns with the fly swatter. I would call out a word or shape and the kids would swat the answer with the fly swatter. Easy and simple and they LOVED it!


Here are some fun variations:
-Choose to do synonyms/antonyms/rhyming words
-Vocab words from another language
-Have the whole board covered and children each have a swatter and compete to see who can swat the answer first (that's what we did in Spanish class. I ruled.)

Thanks for checking out this fun activity!

This project has been linked up to these parties.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea, and I love the suggestions for various ages!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet so much fun! Thanks for the idea. :)

    You're welcome to link up with me at my new Linky Party:
    http://binspiredmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/look-listen-read-play-e-is-for-elephant.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So simple, yet I can totally see kids having a blast swatting the answer : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!