Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer School




Well, summer is here. School is out, sports start up in a couple of weeks, and my fingers and toes have officially swollen to the size of sausages. I'm trying to both have a fun summer with my kids, yet still take it easy this year. After all, this preggo girl can only take so much before the heart starts pounding a little too hard and I feel like I'm going to pass out.

As much fun as summer is, it can be really hard to not have something planned at some point in the day to keep a small amount of structure. I decided to put my teacher hat on and start planning some "school" activities for my kids. I am trying to make them free or as cheap as possible, while still engaging and (hopefully) teaching my kids something. My 4 year old son is very motivated to learn to read, so I am hoping we can get him reading pretty well by the end of summer.

As we plan and do these school activities I am hoping to write blog posts about them. They are so much fun and have saved our days from chaos, and I want to share them with the world. Knowing me, though, this will last about two weeks and I'll give up eventually....


**Note - SAD DAY! My computer isn't reading the SD card from my camera for some reason! I have pictures of the first two days and I can't upload them right now! I promise as soon as I can I will add them...**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!