Monday, February 25, 2013

This Week....

has been a rough week. Part of me wants to complain about all the reasons why it has been tough so far, but that seems pointless and whiny. All I know is that it's okay to admit that sometimes life is frustrating.

On the other hand, I still am knitting quite a bit, which always makes crazy life seem a bit less crazy. Here are a few of the projects I am currently working on:

I started yet ANOTHER pair of socks. I love having socks in my purse to work on during the wait at school drop offs, while the kids play at Chic Fil A, or at Moms Group at my church. They are easy, I have the pattern memorized, and the self-striping yarn still makes my heart go pitter-patter. I tried to do a fair isle design with this yarn and some lime green I picked out, and it just wasn't working. I'm so happy at how pretty the stripes are in this yarn though, so I'm pretty content to just use it as is. Each skein makes a full pair of socks and I bought two skeins, so I am planning on making a pair for me and a pair for a friend. 

I'm also working on my second Pheobe Sweater. This one was intended for my niece, but it fits Baby J  much better, and she is 8 months younger. I bought much less expensive and less chunky yarn for this one and I'm using smaller needles, while still knitting it the same size as I knitted Little Miss C's sweater. It just has turned out to be that much smaller! I will definitely spring for the nicer yarn next time though, this stuff tends to stick to my needles quite a bit and it's not nearly as soft 




I loved doing Fair Isle so much on my last pair of socks that I decided to attempt a mitten. I was super excited about a pattern I found, only to discover I had bought too thick of yarn to make it work. Then I found this lovely pattern and have knit almost the entire thing, but it's too small for my hand because I was dumb and didn't make a gauge swatch. Plus I don't think the yarns are contrast-y enough to see the pattern well. I think I will go ahead and finish them up and see if a friend has a preteen daughter that would like them.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a bad week. I say it's your blog-complain if you wanna! Much love-thanks for sharing the projects, as always, I'm amazed. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!