Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I've Been Published!


Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I've been published for the very first time! I made a set of cards that reminded me of my grandparents' Hawaiin shirts in their closet from when we were kids, and on a whim I sent them to CardMaker Magazine. I never in a million years thought I would get published, I used to submit to magazines all the time and never once got picked. This time, though, they emailed me asking to publish 3 of the 6 I had sent them, and I was ecstatic! It's been a hard wait for this to come out, and I let a couple of close friends and my immediate family know, but nobody else. Today my friend Martha (who was one of the few who knew) posted a picture of the cover of the latest issue, and THERE WERE MY CARDS. ON THE COVER. OF THE FLIPPIN' MAGAZINE! I had no idea they chose them for the cover! I'm so excited right now, and I really want to pull out some more supplies and get to card making! The only problem is that shortly after I made these we put all of my papercrafting supplies in storage until the basement is done. Oh well, now I know what I am capable of, and I hope to have lots more designs show up in magazines someday! In case you were wondering,  here are the other 3 cards that didn't get chosen:




I can't wait to get my copy of the actual magazine in hand! The digital copy is now available for download, and the newsstand copy will be available June 4th. Blessings everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your cards are beautiful - I'm sure they had a hard time choosing which ones to use because they all look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrrl, I just picked up this CardMaker issue on a roadtrip... That cover sold me. I was like "Who is Emily Straw?! She's amazing!" I love Graphic 45, and what you did with this paper is amazing. Congratulations!!! When I read your blog, my jaw dropped and I did a scream for you. YOU GO GIRL!! Those cards and this blog post made me smile. I am glad I googled your name!! Man, first time being published and you made the cover!! How inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, your comment completely just made my day! Thank you so much!!! <3 <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!