Friday, September 20, 2013

Portland Trip

Whew! I finally have the 30 seconds I have been needing to sit down and write about my trip! I spent the weekend in Portland and St. Helens with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. I originally went up there to take my twin cousins' senior portraits, and we took a lot! (To see all of the finished photos, visit my new photography site.)






I also got to visit a lot of people I love, including my cousin Brenden, his wife Kayla, and their sweet 9 day old baby, along with their three other adorable girls! They didn't know I was coming and we haven't seen each other in about 7 years, so there was much crying and hugging and happiness.



 Plus I got to visit TJ, my long time friend since middle school. We went to Powell's books, which is enormous bookstore in Portland the size of an entire city block. We only got to spend 15 minutes there and we ran around like crazy people. It was so fun  though, I could go back for hours and hours and hours!



By this time TJ had to go to work, so I popped over to a local yarn shop called Knit Purl. It was a lovely shop and again, I could have spent hours there, but stupid parking meters made that hard. I wanted to buy something locally spun or dyed, but I just couldn't find anything I just had to have. So, I decided to pick up some Madeline Tosh lace weight yarn, in a gorgeous blue and green and grey colorway. What can I say? It begged me to bring it home with me. 



All in all it was a very busy, very successful trip. Charlie was a champ on the plane, I got a bit of a break from the four children scene, and we took lots and lots of great senior portraits. I hope to go back and visit next year, maybe with a little less on the agenda and a little more freestyling :D Have a blessed day everyone!

Don't forget to sign up for my mailing list to receive a list of my favorite resources in photography, knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!