Thursday, November 14, 2013

Knitting Butterflies Podcast - Episode 1 - Introductions

I love, love, love podcasts. Especially knitting podcasts. I have been toying with the idea of doing my own knitting podcast for awhile now, and late one night I decided to just go for it. What's the worst that can happen? I'm not a really consistent person so it might be pretty sporadic, but I am okay with that. Anyway, here is Episode 1 - Introductions!




Show notes:

Thanks for listening to my new podcast! I spend a little time introducing myself and why butterflies mean a lot to me.

Clicking Away -

Remember and Reminisce
  • I talk about how I started yarn work, beginning with basic crocheted baby blankets for my cousins and a scarf I used in a gift exchange. I was delighted to find out I had invented Continental Knitting.
Spinning Stories
  • I mention the Knitmore Girls podcast and how much I love their spinning stories. You will probably hear a lot more about this podcast, it's my favorite!
  • I just started spinning on a drop spindle for the first time two weeks ago. I picked up my spindle at the Longmont Yarn Shoppe and used all the roving that came with it.
  • I picked up some Woolen Park St. Yarns corriedale roving from The Loopy Ewe, and currently have spun about 2 oz. of the 8 I bought. I mentioned the Foliolium Pattern by Joanna Johnson.
Countdown to 30
  • Currently 20 weeks (140 days), 23 hours, and some change from my 30th birthday. 
  • I talk about how much my life changed from age 20 to 30, from getting married to having 4 kids to buying a house. I am very picket fence-y.
Basement Tales
  • We finally finished sanding and mudding in the living room, this week I got to pick out fabric for pillows, curtains, and cushions. I used those fabrics to pick out paint colors, and we plan on painting the living room this weekend.

Shout Out
Ways to Find Me:
Craftsy

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your first podcast, I'm glad you invited me on Ravelry. I look forward to many more. God bless you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter wants to know what is your favorite butterfly species?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I love this! I listened to it at work and LOVED it-even though I know nothing about knitting or crocheting-you are so entertaining and JUST awesome! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!