Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hitchhiker Scarf - Finished!

The first of many things to share with my two readers is my finished Hitchhiker Scarf! I did this one for the Behm-along with the Knitmore Girls Podcast. I never thought I would enjoy a garter stitch scarf, I thought I would be bored out of my flipping mind but this was some serious potato-chip knitting, meaning I could never do just one row. I had to do a whole repeat. And then I would only be halfway through a show, so then I would start another repeat. Then the show would finish, and I would have to start another one. And the cycle continued over, and over, and over again. I finished at 3:30am this past Saturday night, I literally did over 3,000 stitches in one sitting to finish this thing! The repeats got longer and longer, eventually with rows over 180 stitches (at least, that's when I lost count). I have to say though, I love, love, LOVE this scarf! It goes with so much of my wardrobe, it drapes beautifully, and it's so soft and squishy! I had planned on eventually blocking the snot out of it, stretching it until you could really see the garter ribs. But, it looks so lovely as it is and it's plenty big, I think I will keep it the way it is.




Here are the knitty-gritty details for you:

Hitchhiker Pattern by Martina Behm
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Prairie in Grey Garden, the yarn I picked up in Portland
Size 6 needles
I used about 85g of the 100g ball, still trying to think of a use for 15g of lace weight yarn. We'll see!

I love how the yarn has a story of my trip, and now whenever I wear this scarf it makes me happy to remember it. I plan on picking up something like this every time I travel now, a little memento of my adventures. More updates are coming later this week including LOTS of photo shoots, since I have been one busy lady!

1 comment:

  1. IT is so lovely. I love to yarn snoop on vacation and travels.. I usually try to find apattern written by someone at that store, but it isn't always possible.
    Your hitchiker is soooo pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!