Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Stockings Were Hung....


Christmas is almost here, the house is as decorated as it's going to be, the presents have all been purchased, and the knitting is finished for gifting. All I have to do is make 3 more batches of caramel corn and wrap gifts, and we are completely ready for Christmas. This year the basement isn't finished (did I call that or what?) but I'm okay with it. We can ramp up again after the holidays. In the meantime, I decided to hang our stockings from a curtain rod in the middle of our living room. (Next year we will have a real mantel!) It's almost surreal to me to look at these stockings, to know that all 6 of them are up and there won't be any more for a long, long time. Our family is complete. We are now forever out of the pregnancy and newborn stage, and moving on to a different stage of our lives. I know I know, Charlie isn't 6 months old yet, but there is something to be said for when you walk down the aisles in the store and see all the adorable tiny clothes and think to yourself, "I'm never going to buy that stuff for our house again." Some people I know get a pang of sadness when they know they are done having children, but we both feel a strong sense of peace. 

Sorry, just had a moment of reflective thoughts :)

I wish you all the happiness and joy during this holiday season. May you and your family be blessed beyond measure! 

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!