Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fighting the Cravings...

So, this pregnancy has been really bad for cravings. Like, really bad. I feel like I want nothing to eat but greasy, fatty foods. I've had times where I drive to Burger King at 10:45 at night because I want a Whopper SO BADLY! And the afternoons are the worst, when my kids are sleeping and I go scrounging around the house, only to eat chocolate and sometimes ice cream. Then throw on top that my husband and I have bowls of ice cream every night after kids go to bed. So yes, sometimes I have two whole bowls of ice cream in one day. Fruits and veggies, which normally sound good, don't sound or really even taste good any more. Let's just say that my thunder thighs (which my mom noticed last summer when I was pretty fit) are not happy with me, and I'm thinking this is going to be my hardest pregnancy to bounce back from. So, I decided I needed to come up with something a little healthier to make myself eat when those cravings hit. That's where this little beauty comes in:


This has always been one of my favorite summer salads. It still doesn't sound or taste particularly good, since it's all healthy and stuff, but it's better than cookies and ice cream! It's really simple: cucumbers, tomatoes, and green peppers, dressed in fat free Italian dressing. When those cravings set in, I'm trying to make myself eat healthier so recovery is a little better. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!