Saturday, September 17, 2011

What If I Were Brave?

For the most part I feel like a Plain Jane. Plain clothes, plain hair, plain makeup if any. My messy bun and jeans are comfortable and familiar, and with 3 kids now I feel like I have no time for primping any more. Unfortunately, after having Baby J very few of my nicer clothes fit any more, and my wardrobe is going to have to go through a major overhaul.



I always admire those women who dress fashionably. Not with weird points that stick out or obnoxious colors or fads that will disappear by the time any of us can take a second look; but women who just naturally look put together. There's something so eye catching about comfort and beauty, and I want to tap into that part of me somehow.



Some styles seem wearable for me, but honestly, some I just don't feel brave enough to try. I mean, could I really feel okay buying a pair of yellow shoes? Could I try wearing a dress to go grocery shopping? What would it be like to use more than one purse based on what outfit I am wearing that day? What if I wear a pair of shoes that had a heel on them all day and somehow didn't fall over?


I mean,  I don't want to be the kind of person that has a whole closet just for shoes and only adds to the consumerism that made our society's economy a piece of crap. But, I often wonder if I were more brave, could I possibly be the kind of person that makes people think "she looks really nice today"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!