Thursday, April 11, 2013

On the Needles - Entrelac Blanket

Here's a fun project I have wanted to try for quite awhile now. I love the technique called Entrelac, which is a type of knitting that makes the project look like a woven basket. I especially like it for self-striping yarn because it makes the pieces look like they are different colors. Of course, I couldn't just try a scarf like a normal person. No, I have Jackson blood in me. I had to try a big ol' baby blanket instead. I don't know who this is going to go to yet, but it's coming along nicely so far. I ran out of yarn in my first skein and have yet to buy more, so this might actually get put on some waste yarn for a couple weeks while I finish up some other projects I have going right now. This is the first skein, I plan on buying two more to make it a good size blanket.




The yarn is Sensations Rainbow Classic Pattern, I use a size 8 needle and each block is 6 stitches across. For a great tutorial on Entrelac, check out this YouTube video:

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be a beautiful baby blanket!
    Entrelac is on my list to try. I'd love a pair of socks in entrelac.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!