Friday, April 26, 2013

Falling Water Scarf - On the Needles

I might have made a mistake a few weeks ago. I ordered what I thought was some lovely worsted weight yarn for a baby blanket, and it turned out to be sock yarn. Sad day. Plus, the colorway wasn't quite what I expected, and I had absolutely no idea what to do with this particular yarn. When I found this pattern, though, I knew it would be a good shot at using the weird, and it has turned out to be even better than I pictured! Here is the progress I have so far, although it won't look right until I block it.


I have about another 2-3 hours left to finish it, and I can hardly wait to block it! It actually looks like flames to me, my hubby and I joke that it would be fun to wear it to the Hunger Games premiere in November as a "Girl on Fire" tribute, but I'm planning on giving it away soon. I'm hoping to post pics of it finished next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!