Monday, July 15, 2013

Cadence Shawlette

I have been out of knitting projects for a lit while now and hadn't really been knitting since Charlie was born. I decided to check out the clearance section of yarn at JoAnn and found an interesting yarn in a couple of colorways I liked, so I picked up two. It looks hand dyed and hand spun, but since it's by Bernat I'm guessing it's machine made. I tried the first one, called "Ambrosia," and messed around with making a basic shawlette. I think it turned out pretty good, especially considering I had never made a shawlette before! I am almost done with the second colorway using the same overall pattern with a couple of changes, and I am working on writing it all down so I can release my very first pattern. We'll see if anything comes of it, but for now I'm really happy with my new accessory!





This post has been linked up!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours!
    And I really like the texture in your shawl. Hope you will write up the pattern :)
    And your newborn is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!