Monday, July 22, 2013

Life With Four Kids

Wow, what a world we live in now! I thought adding JoJo was a piece of cake, we were already in our kid groove and it wasn't a big deal to add a third kid to the mix. It's not really quite been the case with #4 though. Charlie is great, he's a good sleeper and other than not gaining weight very well at first he has been fabulous. Our lives have changed quite a bit, though. For one thing, our oldest had a really hard time transitioning. We don't know if it was because he's not the only boy any more, or if there was something else bothering him. Hubby ended up being at home for three weeks straight too, since his parents came to visit, and we have never had him home from work that long before. Life was really, really hard during a lot of those first few weeks. Now hubby is back to work, visitors are back home, and we are slowly getting back into a routine. It finally hit me yesterday what our lives are going to be like. Someone ALWAYS seems to need something, and if I don't keep up with dishes or laundry regularly we don't have any clean clothes or dishes. It takes about 10 minutes to get everyone in and out of the car and we are forever running out of bread for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm pretty sure I always smell like baby poop and breastmilk too, I'm just so used to it that I don't smell it any more but I'm sure my friends notice it. Our playdates have become more limited and our grocery trips a bit longer. Life is chaos. And I have to say, I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I try to leave comment love back on your blog as well. All feedback is welcome, I want to improve as an artist. Blessings to you!